Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The latest news...

The end of July we found out we are having a baby! This totally caught us by surprise, but we are excited to have this baby come. The kids are really looking forward to this, it has been awhile since we have had a little one around. About 6 weeks into things, I started having some problems, they found that the placenta had a moderate to severe tear in it. They said that they have seen it heal before, but they have also seen miscarriages from it. So... I was put on bed rest and given a prescription for a week till my next ultrasound. I had bathroom privileges only! Luckily my sister Heather had moved in with us the week before. So between Bryan and Heather things were taken care of. By about the second day I was tired of laying on the couch or my bed. I endured my SEVEN long days of bed rest and returned to the Dr. They did the ultrasound and it totally healed. I was off bed rest but still had to take things easy. Long story... I am now 15 weeks (according to the ultrasound - it moved me up a week!) and all is well. As of my appt. this past Monday, I can resume my normal activities. YEA! So my due date is March 28th.

6 comments:

Cara said...

I'm SO glad everything is going well. Could you tell what "it" is yet????? Please say your finding out. I'm not a patient person! =)

Leah said...

How exciting! Time to go scrapbooking now that you're off bedrest! :>!

The Stokes said...

Woohoo!

Unknown said...

Exciting! I will think girl thoughts for you, but another cute Atwood boy would be fun too :-)

Jewel said...

Hi Cara,
It's Julia. Way to go for starting a blog. Lauren's room looks DARLING. It is ten times cuter than any room in my house.
I also love the pic of your kids a few months ago in some plants and wildflowers. The lighting looks really good.
I hope you are still feeling OK.

Jewel said...

Oh my heavens I just typed Cara on my comment- but JENNIFER, I DO KNOW who I am talking to! I was just on Cara's blog and I guess I am a little tired!