Monday, September 15, 2008

Trip to Cali!

The beach at Laguna Hills
Bryan and I waiting in line at California Adventures



I tagged along with Bryan on his trip to Anaheim for work. We had a airline ticket that we had to use up so I was free! Bryan worked and I relaxed. I read my magazines by the pool and in our hotel room. Then when Bryan was done we would hang out. On Friday, my friend Heather Wallin picked me up and we went to Laguna Hills where she lives. We went shopping and had lunch. Afterwards we went to her house to see the kids and Zach. Years ago when they lived in Utah and Lauren and her daughter Madison were babies we hung out with them. Now both of us have 4 kids! It was lots of fun to see her kids and husband and spend the day with her. I totally forgot to get a picture of her and her family! After she dropped me off that night I went to a dinner with Bryan and his work at California Adventures. We had about 1 1/2 hours to go on the rides. We went on 2 rides and then went shopping for the kids. On Saturday after Bryan was done working at about 5:30pm we went to Disneyland. It was fun to go by ourselves, but I must admit, we missed having the kids! We went on all the rides we wanted to and did more shopping for the kids, ate dinner and came home at about midnight. The nice part of it was we didn't have kids to put to bed or to wake us up early! We slept in the next day and checked out Downtown Disney. That is a fun place! After that we headed to the airport at Long Beach. Our flight left at 6 pm. We were excited to see the kids. I was hoping that Lindsey would remember me. It took her a second and then she started smiling! I had never left one of our kids that young, but she was in good hands. Bryan's sister Cindy took care of her. Along with her 5 kids. Cindy's youngest is 8, so it has been awhile since she has had to get up in the middle of the night. I had complete trust in her. She is a wonderful mom! My sister Kim watched my kids and did a great job too! My kids love Aunt Kimmie. She is lots of fun and spoils them!

3 comments:

Holly D. said...

Looks like fun. I wish we could have timed our trips better and been at Disneyland at the same time. I already can't wait to go back. I think I may have had more fun than Peyton.

Cara said...

So much fun! I didn't realize you got to play at Disneyland while you were there. Glad you had a fun time together.

Leah said...

Glad you to could get away!