Wednesday, November 7, 2007

We're having a...


Today we had our ultrasound! We were there for almost an hour! I am not complaining, you can never get tired of watching your baby move while it is inside you. Everything looked great. The baby was being a little stubborn and wouldn't move so the tech could see the heart, finally "it"did. We got some good pictures. It kept sucking or moving its tongue, that was pretty cool to see, and its feet were up by its head. Which made it really easy to see what it was. Within 10 seconds of being there, we knew what it was! I had Bryan hide the two pictures that show us what it is, so that no one will see anything. The baby is also another week ahead of what we thought! Yea! So I am almost 21 weeks! Another reason why we were there for a while, is the placenta. It looks like a have a very small chance of having placenta previa. So...what this means is, we go back in 8 weeks for another ultrasound, to see if it has moved. She (the tech) is pretty sure it will have but if it hasn't, we will then go back in another 4 weeks. (32 weeks) At that time if it hasn't moved, I will have to have the baby by c-section. The risk for major bleeding is too great in a regular delivery. With all 3 of our other kids we got one ultrasound - this one will be 4 after this next one, possibly 5. It will be fun to see how much it has grown. So... no trying to guess by what I say! :)

8 comments:

Leah said...

You're so good! I'm horrible at keeping secrets! I'm jealous you get to have SO many ultrasounds! With Ashley I had two that were five weeks apart and it was amazing how much she's grown!

Holly D. said...

I change our vote. We think you are having a boy!

Michele said...

Our new niece or nephew is very cute! I think it is going to be a little girl!

Tricia said...

How exciting! I'm sorry you are having problems with your placenta again. Let me know if you ever need anything -- I would love to watch Matthew, Tyler or Lauren anytime. So when is your exact due date?

Tricia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Stokes said...

Not fair. I want to know. I say it's a boy. Can't wait to find out. Sorry there's some trouble. Be careful and don't do too much strenuous (did I spell that right?) stuff. I'm sure Bryan won't let you. Can't wait till March. (You know...I can keep a secret!)

Rod and Kandace said...

YO, Jen! I don't know if you will read this, but...I am tagging you. Go to my blog to see how to play the game!

Kim said...

I hope you have a girl....for Lauren's sake!!!