Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I hate this part...

So yesterday I decided that I was going to make Lindsey cry it out at night. I have helped her form some bad habits, and now we had to break them. She used to sleep through the night and we needed to get her back to it. She was getting up every 3 hours the last few weeks. So, I made sure she had enough to eat and put her to bed at 8:45. I thought it would be easy because I put her down for her naps while she is still awake and she does just fine falling asleep on her own. So right as Bryan turned out the light at 11pm she started crying. I went in, gave her her binkie and went out. 55 minutes later she stopped. I checked on her twice to make sure she was ok. Throughout the night she woke up two more times, but only fussed off and on for 5 minutes. When Bryan went and got her out of bed this morning and brought her over to me, she juts starred at me! No smiles. Once she had her bottle, she was much happier and started smiling and talking. Hopefully night will be much better! I hate this, but know that it is for her good. (And mine!)

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Just hang in there - if you can teach her to sleep through the night at this age she will create so many great sleeping habits.

Jenny said...

I am sorry, Jen! Try to hang in there! Hopefully, every night will get a little better.