Monday, November 24, 2008

Lindsey's surgery/Lauren's dance recital







The Dr. marking her belly button before surgery.



We had a busy day today. Lindsey had her surgery to remove a little growth (papule) from the inside of her belly button. We went up to Primary Children's Hospital this morning for a 1:00pm surgery time. She couldn't have formula or solids after midnight and clear liquids up till 10:00am. She cried just about the whole way up to the hospital (40 minutes) and by the end I was crying too. She would look over at me in the car and reach for me. I am sure wondering why I wasn't giving her a bottle. I did ok till we got to the registration desk then I lost it again. Then did ok while we got her in her gown and slippers. They actually got her in a little early, which was nice. So at about 12:25 the anesthesiologist took her back. They let Bryan hold her as far as we could go and then he took her back. She didn't want to go to him and wouldn't let go of Bryan's jacket. Once again, I lost it. I am sure the people there were thinking wow - that baby must be having major surgery by looking at me! We waited till about 12:55 when the Dr. came in the waiting room and told us everything went well. We then had to wait till about 1:30 when they called us back to the recovery room. She already had 4 oz of glucose water and then they brought her 4 ozs of apple juice. She was fussy and we finally got her comfortable holding her and she fell asleep. They discharged her at 2:30 and we were on our way home. She was pretty alert as we were walking out the recovery room and all the nurses were telling us how cute she is. She fell asleep on the way home and slept for about another hour. Once she woke up you really couldn't tell she had surgery. She was standing and acting totally normal. Then later we had Lauren's dance recital. We were glad Lindsey was feeling ok. (Besides it being bed time)
Lauren did an AWESOME job along with the other girls her group. It was fun to watch them all perform together after watching Lauren dance around the house non stop for the past few months!!

7 comments:

Tricia said...

So sorry you had to deal with something like that, but glad that everything turned out great. She is sure a cutie!

Grandma Chris said...

Hey Bryan, Jenny and Family:

Incase you don't get the Grandma Chris thing it's me Aunt Christine in Florida. Just wanted to thank you for putting together such a fun blog. I've been looking at it for several weeks and decided to let you know. Your family is growing in leaps and bounds. Good luck with selling your home and hope your Thanksgiving is great. I understand that it's at your place this year. Tell everyone "hi" for us. We miss all of you.

PS So glad things went well for Lindsey. We had a trip to Primary Children's with Trevor and understand the trauma completely. You're great parents - your kids are lucky to have you. Love you.

Holly D. said...

I didn't know that Lindsey was having surgery. I am glad that everything went well. I would have been in tears just like you - that is tough on a mom. I think Lindsey looks a lot like Tyler in that first picture, but then looks more like Lauren in the rest of them. We are excited to see you guys next week.

Leah said...

I'm glad everything turned out well!

Matt and Crystal said...

Oh my heck, that's so sad, but boy, she looks SO cute!. Peyton had to have surgery when he was 3 weeks old on his tummy,and I was such a wreck!!! It wasn't a huge deal, and I felt bad knowing there was parents in there for worse things. I think once your a mom, the feeling are the same no matter what.

wendipooh13 said...

soo glad that everything worked out and went well!!!

Cara said...

I'm so glad her surgery went well and she tolerated it so well. Lauren looks great in her dance outfit.