Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Lindsey Kathleen Atwood






  1. We received the phone call from the hospital at 5:30am on Monday to go ahead and come to be induced. We were there, showered and all by 6:30! The kids spent the night at Bryan's parents on Sunday night. By the time we got checked in and everything taken care of it was 8am. Pitocin and all. I had not progressed from my previous visit so I was starting at a 2! I thought for sure that I would have the baby by lunch time. Boy, I was wrong. Everything was very slow moving with this baby. It would take me hours to progress to the next number! I ended up getting my epidural in the early afternoon. Everything really slowed down after that. At 3:30 or so I was only at a 4. My Dr. came in and told the nurse to turn off my epidural and turn up the pitocin!!! I couldn't believe it. So... by 4pm or a little after I progressed to a 5. And then the rest was history. I went quickly with no epidural to 9. They quickly got the epidural going again and it was working by the time to push. She came out no problem, very quickly. She was born at 6:06pm, weighing 8lbs 3ozs. She is a wonderful baby. I have as of this afternoon heard her cry 2 times for about 2 seconds each time. Once for a diaper change and once when I was changing her shirt. She is content to be held or lay in her little bed. The kids were so excited to come and meet her. Lauren now has a sister. She didn't want to share her last night, she loved holding her. Matthew and Tyler loved holding her too!


11 comments:

Tricia said...

That is so awesome! A girl! I can't believe about the epideral being stoped - how was that for the pain? I have never heard of anything like that happening before. We are anxious to see her. Love the name:)

wendipooh13 said...

oh my gosh!!!! congrats, I thought you might be having a girl, but didn't want to say anything!!! but what a great surprise aren't you glad you waited to tell.
the photos are totally soooo sweet!!! what a cutie, can't wait to see her!!!

Jenny said...

Congratulations! That is perfect 2 girls, 2 boys! I bet you are all so very excited! She is a adorable. Be sure to post more pictures soon. I love the picture with all the kids. Lauren looks so happy!

Leah said...

She's beautiful! You look great Jen! Let me know if you need anything!

Cara said...

She is so pretty. It looks like she's almost smiling in the picture of her and Bryan. I love the looks on the kids faces when they are checking her out. And you look amazing! Isn't it so nice to not be pregnant anymore. i can't wait to see her in person. I'm glad you posted pictures to hold me over.

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad everything went well and that you're both healthy. I can't wait to see her. You have the cutest kids!

Kim said...

start telling her now who her favorite auntie is....and always will be :) she is soooooo freakin' cute! I can't wait to come visit in June so I can see all the kids. Auntie x 11. Defenitley don't need my own kids now! Why would I when I can spoil when I want and give them back once I've had my share. Brilliant. I love this Auntie Bussiness. Miss you all!!!

Rod and Kandace said...

She is a beauty! I love her big wide open eyes. Even after all that waiting, I am sure she was worth it. FUN...two of each! Get some rest!

Michele said...

What a beautiful little girl! I'm so excited for our new little niece (I just knew she was going to be a girl!) Lincoln is excited to meet his new cousin, he will take good care of her when they go to BYU together :) Hope the family is doing well, can't wait to see you all in a few weeks.

Holly D. said...

Yeah, we are so excited for you! Lindsey is absolutely beautiful. We can't wait to meet her in person soon.

Anna said...

Congratulations! Thanks for including us in your email notice. She is so beautiful--looks like Lauren to me. We are so happy for you. I'm glad that you are all doing well.

Anna