Wednesday, March 26, 2008

We are headed home...






We got some news in the middle of the night that Lindsey had an extremely high bilirubin number. 15. They said she might have to stay an extra day after I was discharged. They put her under the lights and kept her there. It isn't a good idea to tell a mom she might have to leave her baby and go home. I was a little, ok, ask Bryan, a lot emotional and worried about the situtation. When my Dr. came in he explained everything to me and helped me understand what was going on. That helped me a lot. When they tested her again at 6am, it had gone down to 13. Still high, but it showed the Dr. that she was responding to the lights. I was able to feed her and then they had to take her right back. Bryan and I were able to sit by her in the nursery and watch her. Bryan fed her at lunch time and then we waited for the Dr. to come in. He said that we could take her home with the lights. She will need them for several days/24 hours a day and we will be able to go to AF hospital for her daily tests. She is such a calm and quiet baby and even though most babies hate the lights she doesn't seem to mind them. She looks like she is at the tanning booth. I will post pictures when we get home and settled. We are headed to the nursery to feed her and get her ready to come home!!!!! Yea!

7 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

She will be fine!! besides a great tan to start summer off from the lights is a good thing... let me know if you need anything!! take care, loved the pink banner today too.

Christa said...

We had to do that with Sydney. Be glad you can take her in for her tests in a nice warm car instead of a New York City subway!!

Leah said...

I'm so glad that you got to take her home with you! I can't imagine leaving my baby at the hospital!

Let me know if you need help!

wendipooh13 said...

love all the pictures you just added!!! ok she is just adorable!!! sooo sweet

Rod and Kandace said...

More pictures! Yay. She is so cute. Let us know when you feel comfortable having VISITORS!

Michele said...

oh, she is to cute, I just want to squish her!! I think she looks like a darker version of Lauren. But that is just my opinion...

Holly D. said...

Yes, the two middle pictures look like Tyler and the last one looks like Lauren! The first one must look like Matthew. She is absolutely precious! I am sure she is getting plenty of attention from her brothers and sister.