Thursday, April 10, 2008

16 years ago...

This is the exact place of our first date. We ate outside on the patio.



Our Vegas Roll that we ordered for lunch today!

16 years ago today, Bryan and I went on our first date. It was a blind date, and the other couple that was supposed to go with us ended up not going. I first went to Bryan's church basketball game. Then after that was over, he got ready and we went out. We drove around and around FOREVER before deciding on where to go for dinner. (16 years later, we still have a hard time deciding where to go!) We picked Round Table Pizza. We ordered a pepperoni and olive pizza. I got orange soda and Bryan got root beer. I made sure I didn't order a "dark colored" drink because I wanted Bryan to think I was a really good girl and didn't drink caffeine. Even though, Dr. Pepper was my drink of choice. Funny, huh? We had so much to talk about. I remember I didn't feel nervous around him. I just loved being with him. I also remember thinking how cute he was and STILL is! (Lots of girls liked him and I was the one dating him!) We then went over to my house and hung out with a bunch of people. A few days after our date, I told one of my friends that I would marry him! I KNEW I would, even though I was only 16 when I said that. Four years later (3 months after his mission) we were married! I have loved every minute of being with him. He is my best friend. He supports me in anything I do. He loves me no matter what. We have four beautiful children. I couldn't be happier.


We celebrate April 10th every year. Today we had lunch together. We went to Happy Sumo for sushi. Bryan loves sushi. I had never tried it, I wanted to wait till I wasn't pregnant to have it. We had seared tuna for our appetizer and then we had a Vegas and Lava Roll. These are Bryan's favorite. I loved all of it. We are definitely going back! After lunch we stopped at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory for a piece of chocolate! Tonight we are having... pizza for dinner, with orange and root beer soda, with the kids.


Thanks for 16 wonderful years! I love you, Bryan!

4 comments:

Rod and Kandace said...

That's so sweet that you remember the actual date and so many details. I have a couple memories about our first date...maybe I should write them down!

The Stokes said...

16 years! I can still recall the night I met Bryan, after I got home from babysitting. I remember you asking if I though he was cute (or something) and I saying I don't know. Love you guys!

Leah said...

What a wonderful tradition!

Cara said...

We might have to do that....we met/hung out on my Brother's birthday, and the rest is history. Such a great tradition!